Gutenberg 15.2 is now obtainable with assist for revisions when modifying templates and template elements. The Web site Editor will be an intimidating place should you’re new to creating modifications there. A number of clicks could make a drastic impression and a few customers gained’t know methods to return to the place they began. Surfacing the revisions panel offers customers a security web.
The revisions panel works the identical because the content material editor, so it doesn’t but present a visible presentation of a person’s additions, deletions, and modifications. Customers can restore earlier variations of the template if they can learn the block markup.
Gutenberg 15.2 additionally brings enhancements to navigating the Web site Editor. It’s now a lot simpler to drill all the way down to the precise template you wish to edit in only a few clicks within the Web site Editor sidebar, globally save edits throughout navigation, template, and template elements, and extra simply return to the dashboard. These modifications are greatest illustrated within the GIF revealed within the launch publish;
Different highlights on this launch embrace the next:
- New: CSS aspect-ratio controls to the Publish Featured Picture block
- New within the Button block: assist for border colour, model, and width
- Accessibility enhancements: improved labeling, optimizing the tab and arrow key navigation, and making certain correct hierarchy of headings
- New in Publish Excerpt block: a UI for controlling excerpt size
- Newest Feedback block: Add typography assist
Take a look at the total listing of modifications and bug fixes within the 15.2 release post. This model of Gutenberg won’t be included within the upcoming WordPress 6.2 launch. For those who can’t wait till 6.3, you will get these options now by putting in the Gutenberg plugin.