Do you promote merchandise internationally via your WooCommerce website? Are you seeking to create a memorable expertise and optimize your retailer for a worldwide viewers? Nicely, then, you’ll most likely be eager about using the options of WooGeolocation.
WooGeolocation is a WordPress plugin for WooCommerce that permits you to geotarget merchandise and foreign money by location. It helps cities, states, nations, zip codes, and even customized map areas. Customers can construct customized areas by grouping areas and utilizing them all over the place to save lots of time.
However how straightforward is it to configure and use? And is it actually the perfect software for the job in the case of mapping your retailer to sure areas?
On this assessment, we’ll scrutinize WooGeolocation to see whether or not it could possibly make life simpler for WordPress customers seeking to geotarget their WooCommerce choices.
WooGeolocation is a premium plugin that provides all kinds of location-based performance to your web site. The truth is, it payments itself as “the geolocation swiss military plugin in your WooCommerce website.” Foreign money mapping, product geotargeting, market geotargeting, and far more are all supported by the plugin.
There are various situations the place it is smart to make use of WooGeolocation. For example, if you wish to present (or disguise) merchandise primarily based on a buyer’s distance out of your location, you need to use product geotargeting to enhance the consumer expertise. When a potential buyer visits your eCommerce website, they’ll solely see merchandise they’ll purchase, which means you’ll have fewer queries to take care of.
Listed below are the important thing options of WooGeolocation:
- Multicurrency: Supply a customized expertise to worldwide prospects by changing your retailer right into a multi-currency store.
- Geotarget merchandise: Goal your merchandise to sure areas solely primarily based in your goal market.
- Customized areas: Group often focused areas to create customized areas and use them all over the place to save lots of time.
- Map customized areas: Carve your individual areas in maps the place your objects can be found.
- Product location: Assign a bodily location to your merchandise so prospects can search by proximity in a given radius.
- Dokan market geolocation: Filter your merchandise or retailer primarily based on the closest geolocation of the shopper.
- Catching: Use any cache resolution to geotarget distinctive guests solely.
On this part, I’ll share my expertise of utilizing WooGeolocation on a staging web site.
To make use of the plugin:
- Buy a WooGeolocation plan (see pricing part for extra particulars)
- Log into your WooGeolocation account and go to the Downloads space. You possibly can both click on this hyperlink or open My Account > Downloads on the WooGeolocation website.
- Click on Obtain WooGeolocation to get the .zip file.
- Add the .zip file in your WordPress web site.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > WooGeolocation
- Enter the license key within the License Key field (you may seize the license key from the Downloads part in your WooGeolocation account.
- Click on Confirm Key.
Having tried a bunch of Geotargeting and Geolocation plugins previously, I used to be curious to see what WooGeolocation needed to provide.
Article Continues Beneath
First, I tried to geotarget a product. This requires enabling Product filters on the WooGeolocation settings web page, after which a brand new metabox seems in WooCommerce merchandise.
Listed below are the final settings:
So that you simply have to verify the field to activate product filtering.
Moreover, you may power geolocation on the shopper. Deciding on this feature will show a message asking them to share their location earlier than they’ll entry your retailer. This may be useful for filtering the viewers you don’t wish to attain, comparable to prospects who reside in a far-away continent.
You can too allow the search by radius on the store web page, which lets you present merchandise to prospects situated inside a sure most distance of your corporation.
Coming over to WooCommerce merchandise, right here’s the metabox that permits customers to arrange product geotargeting:
That is the place the magic occurs. You possibly can present or by no means present a product in sure cities, states, nations, areas, and zipcodes.
For every area, the plugin enables you to enter a number of names (comma separated). For example, you may enter Geneva, Lausanne, and Neuchâtel to geotarget objects to French-speaking shoppers in Switzerland.
For zipcodes, you may enter a given radius in km together with the latitude and longitude. That is excellent if you happen to run a bodily retailer and use WooCommerce as an extra gross sales channel. The radius you enter will rely upon how far you may ship or ship the merchandise with out busting your corporation price range.
For those who plan to make use of WooGeolocation to limit merchandise in sure nations, make sure you use the warning textual content.
Skipping this step could make individuals confused about why the product web page isn’t opening. You don’t wish to destroy the consumer expertise, even for non-customers.
To keep away from time wastage and repetition, WooGeolocation enables you to create “customized areas.” These can help you goal completely different areas without delay, comparable to a bunch of cities and nations. In different phrases, you may geotarget a customized area as an alternative of typing all of the areas each time.
So a customized area is simply that—a bunch of areas grouped underneath one identify that you could later use in numerous sections of the plugin to geotarget merchandise.
You possibly can create a Customized Area by going to WooCommerce > Settings > WooGeolocation > Areas.
On the Areas web page, you may add as many customized areas as you want. WooGeolocation has predefined all of the continents, which means you don’t need to create them from scratch. Simply goal a legitimate continent (find a list of valid continents) and present the ISO codes included in every area for reference.
I additionally examined the multi-currency function in WooGeolocation. And I used to be actually happy to see that it really works easily.
To allow multi-currencies, you’ll have to go to WooCommerce > Settings > WooGeolocation and click on the Multicurrencies tab.
As soon as activated, the plugin will show your default foreign money—the one all charges are calculated from. Then you may add as many currencies as wanted. You can too set a rustic for a foreign money, which can allow guests from that nation or nations to get that foreign money routinely.
For those who go away the power foreign money choice unchecked, the guests will be capable to use the foreign money switcher to modify to different currencies. Examine the choice if you’d like them solely to make use of the foreign money assigned to their nation. For nations not listed, WooGeolocation will use USD because the default foreign money.
There’s additionally the choice to specify which fee gateways the foreign money will apply. Go away it clean if you happen to choose making it accessible to all. Total, you may make many modifications to enhance the shopper expertise on the foreign money entrance.
If you wish to take issues up a notch, get the Google Maps API key for geotargeting.
Listed below are the steps:
- Log into https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/dashboard?pli=1, create a brand new mission, select a reputation, and click on proceed.
- After you have got created a mission, generate the API key that you simply’ll use within the WooGeolocation plugin. Go to Create Credentials > API Key.
- After creating the API key, ensure to limit it so it could possibly solely be used out of your area. Whereas performing this step, you can too copy and paste the important thing into plugin settings.
Observe: Clicking prohibit key will open a brand new window the place you could fill in some particulars:
- Identify: One thing that will help you establish the API key
- Restrictions: I like to recommend limiting by web site, however you can too prohibit by IP tackle if you happen to want.
- Web page: Enter your web site’s identify and another domains the place you intend to put in WooGeolocation.
As soon as completed, click on Save, and the important thing will probably be protected.
Because the final step, Google will ask you so as to add a bank card to confirm your account. The corporate presents 300 USD price of credit every month without spending a dime, which must be ok for extra tasks. In case you exceed the credit, Google will cost you primarily based on the variety of requests.
And that’s it for the hands-on.
Pricing is the place WooGeolocation stands out from different SaaS choices. In any case, it’s not each day you see a plugin providing all the important thing options in each subscription plan.
WooGeolocation has three annual subscription plans:
- Lite – $59 per yr with 1 website license, all options, premium help, and plugin updates.
- Professional – $149 per yr with 5 website licenses, all options, premium help, and plugin updates.
- Company – $299 per yr with limitless licenses, all options, premium help, and plugin updates.
You possibly can cancel your subscription at any time.
Geotargeting is a superb solution to create extra personalised presents in your viewers and, in flip, get extra conversions throughout your website.
With WooGeolocation, you may geotarget your merchandise to prospects close by or in a particular market to drive income for your corporation.
Present your merchandise the place they’re probably to promote, and provide a multi-currency checkout to cut back your cart abandonment price.
It’s time to get good along with your concentrating on.